Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
I have chosen to enter my woven quilt into the virtual quilt festival because of a few reasons:
1) It took me four years to complete it
2) I love the color
3) It's a technique you don't see very often!
I hope you enjoy reading about this quilt! Since publishing this post, I did decide to remove the beading and I entered it into a quilt show. It was really fun seeing my work hanging up for everyone to view and people were amazed that it was really woven!
I also was a guest blogger for Quilting Gallery and I wrote: Woven Wonder - a Tutorial? if you are interested in reading more details as to how I completed this project.
I also hope you take some time (I think I've become obsessed with looking through the quilts) to see everyone else's work...there is some Amazing talent out there!
- update 4/19/09
My first step was to dye really long pieces of fabric that I would have quilted together by Barb. I headed over to Diane's basement, cut long pieces of fabric and dyed away. I had a lot of fun!
Barb decided to host Easter at her house that year and she was kind enough to let me try out her long arm quilting machine. Now THAT was a lot of fun! I think I quilted two of my panels together for this quilt. Barb did the rest of them.
A year later, I finally pulled the quilted fabric out of the bag and cut strips out of them. I then bound each edge of the strips and started to weave. Once I had it together how I wanted it...trust me, it took quite awhile and a little help from my hubby to have it square...I loosely stitched each intersection together so it would keep it's shape while I was binding the outer edge.
Now that the whole quilt was bound and put together I cute out my loosely stitched intersections and realized that it just wasn't going to stay together. Every time I pulled it out of the bag I spent an hour re-laying it out smoothly...hmmmm...how could I fix this? I sent it back to Barb and she quilted at each intersection. Doing this helped to keep the quilt in the square shape but kept it's 'woven' quality.
I have started to embellish this quilt with beads several times. My latest plan was to embroider it with circles of beads...I'm now thinking I may not even do that. I might just take these beads off as well, and use it as a quilt.
This quilt is amazingly warm...it's two quilts put together...AND it's reversible...both sides are equally cool!
I would love to hear your opinion about whether I should do the beading or not do the beading.
In the end, I think it is easier and less time consuming to just suck it up and match my corners!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- EtsyBABY Spring Fling Challenge
- TREASURY SATURDAY - March 28th!
- NEW! Large Bags!
- Fabric Stash!
- Sun Prairie Heritage Quilters Quilt Show - Sun Pra...
- Treasury Saturday - March 21st
- Meet Liz from DaisyCreek!
- Team etsyBABY April Challenge – it’s STORYTIME!
- Meet Lisa of Jack's Soaporium
- Hoops and Loops - A New Series of Earrings
- Treasury Saturday - March 14th
- An Interview with Julia from MommysMonkey!
- Color Me... Color Me Not... Color Me!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!
- My Squarey Quilt
- Treasury Saturday - and I have a cold...
- Meet Lorene from BoogaBooBabies!
- I'm the WINNER!
- Flip Flop Quilt for Capri
- Vote for your FAVORITE EtsyBABY Spring Fling Chall...
- VickiDiane EXPOSED!
- Fabulous Feedback
- Work In Progress - My Woven Quilt
- ▼ March (25)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...