Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Now that the 3rd season of Project QUILTING has come to an end we’ll be getting the last of the blocks much quicker. Before we get the 15th block I’m happy to share with you a bit more about our block designer, Anorina Morris from Samelia’s Mum.
What is your crafting style?
I love semi-modern. Is that a style? I like using traditional design elements but using modern, bright, happy fabrics. I like A LOT of colour. I’m going through a little bit of hand quilting phase, so a lot of my current work is hand quilted.
How did you get started creating?
I started sewing/quilting about 3 years ago. I have 2 children. When they were both young (2 under 2) I needed something to occupy my mind (which wasn’t all about nappies and feeding).
My husband is friends with Natalie of Cinderberry Stitches and I just happened to see some of her photos on his Facebook page. Natalie’s stitcheries and designs captured my eye and imagination. I bought a few stitching patterns and magazines. I googled and you-tubed and before I knew it, I was hooked.
It is made with a traditional block, but it is bright. Very, very bright. I used Terrain by Kate Spain. I bordered it in spotty fabric – I love spots. Best of all, I look forward to snuggling with it as winter approaches.
What is your favorite crafty blog to follow/read?
One of my favourites is:
Which part of the creating process does you like the most?
Choosing the fabrics.
Which part of the creating process do you dislike the most?
Basting quilts. The most un-fun part of it all.
Favorite Adhesive: I use Vliesofix when I applique. Works well for me.
Favorite Movie: The Notebook
Beverage of Choice: Lemon, Lime & Bitters – I love the flavour combination.
Sweet or Salty? Sweet
Number 1 on your Bucket List: Houston International Quilt Festival
Follow along with Anorina’s online endeavors with the following links:
Web site (My online fabric store): http://www.fabricbuzz.com
Flickr Group http://www.flickr.com/groups/sameliasmum/
And without further adieu -
A Home for Hoot
Click HERE to go to Samelia’s Mum’s website for instructions on how to create the next fabulous block in our quilt!
Don’t forget to add your picture to the flickr group once it’s complete:http://www.flickr.com/groups/1850682@N20/
Previous Home Sweet Home Blocks:
- Block 1: My Home
- Block 2: Lapacek’s Orchard
- Block 3: House by the Bay
- Block 4: My Tilted House
- Block 5: Two Trees
- Block 6: Tree of Life
- Block 7: Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8: A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9: Scrappy Trees
- Block 10: A Home For the Birds
- Block 11: The Happy Tree
- Block 12: little house
- Block 13: Three Trees
- Block 14: Under the Apple Tree
- BONUS Block – accuquilt home
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Home Sweet Home – Truffula Tree Sashing Tutorial
- A Birthday, A Book Review and a GIVEAWAY
- Home Sweet Home – Birds in the Bushes Sashing Tuto...
- Home Sweet Home – Trees in Blossom Bonus Sashing
- BOM & QAL’s – Monday Update
- ‘ties that bind’ by Marie Bostwick – a blog hop bo...
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Forest Sashing
- Home Sweet Home – BONUS Block – Acid Cottage from ...
- Home Sweet Home – Shoo Fly Sashing
- RAW Madison Stimulus Video & Guest Blogger
- Home Sweet Home – String a Flower Garden Sashing B...
- Home Sweet Home – BONUS Block – Rippling Pond from...
- I’m 30!!!!
- What’s Your Style: Boho
- BOM’s & QA’s – Monday Update
- BONUS Block – Home Sweet Home Quilt Along: Marcia’...
- Block 16 – Home Sweet Home Quilt Along 'Branch Swe...
- Home Sweet Home Sashing BONUS – 36 patch
- Block 15: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Home for H...
- Project QUILTING: Ziggin & A Zaggin - A Closer Loo...
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
Here is some feedback that I've recieved from my customers. "Hi Kim--My husband and I were at the WIST trunk show last night and b...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...