Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s designer, Pamela Boatwright of PamelaQuilts.
What is your crafting style?
I like to think of myself as traditional with a modern slant, with a
little art thrown in…
How did you get started creating?
I have loved sewing and crafting since I was a child! My mother was a seamstress, and my dad builds cars and draws, so I have always been encouraged in creating.
Do you have a favorite piece? Why is it your favorite?
This is Memories of the Titanic. It was designed and machine pieced by me, and hand quilted. I love blue and white quilts, and this one was really fun to work on. It was juried into the Denver National Quilt show, which made me feel very awesome!
What is your favorite crafty blog to follow/read?
That is hard, I follow a lot of blogs and enjoy them all. I think my favorite is Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville, though. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/
I adore scrappy and she does it so well!
Which part of the creating process does you like the most?
The best part is finishing!
Which part of the creating process do you dislike the most?
Favorite Adhesive: Fabric Tac
Favorite Movie: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Beverage of Choice: Ice Tea
Sweet or Salty? Sweet, hands, down
It was great to learn more about your Pamela! Now we’re all really excited to see what block you designed!
to see how to make your very own! She’s got some special prizes in store for you there as well!
Don’t forget to add your picture to the flickr group once it’s complete: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1850682@N20/
Previous Home Sweet Home Blocks:
Check out the current Project QUILTING Challenge: Making Music
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Happy Birthday Diane!
- Making Music – A Closer Look, Part 1
- Block 5: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Two Trees b...
- Making Music – Critique’s
- What’s Coming Up?
- Random PRIZES for Project QUILTING – Season 3, Cha...
- Saturday Summary
- What’s Your Style: Asian
- Block 4: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – My Tilted H...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – Marcia’s Crafty Sewing ...
- Block 3: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – House by th...
- Spoonflower – Stack of Pearls
- Project QUILTING, Season 3, Challenge 2 – Making M...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – Quilts by Barb
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look - Barn Bon...
- What’s Your Style: Art Nouveau
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 5
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 4
- Block 2: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Lapacek’s O...
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 3
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 2
- Block 1: ‘Home Sweet Home’ Quilt Along – My Home
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 1
- Project QUILTING – Season 3, Challenge 1 – Random ...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – The Fat Quarter Shop
- Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Pick Your Fabrics
- Modern Solids Quilt Along – FINISHED!
- Quilting in 2012
- A Monday Treasury
- Project QUILTING, Season 3, Challenge 1 – Architec...
- Record your Quilts! A Quilt Album Review
- What’s Your Style: Art Deco
- Outdated Technology – I need YOUR help!
- Project QUILTING – Season 3 – PRIZES!
- Spoonflower – Ice in Bloom
- Mystery Monday – Baffled in Belmont – Steps 18, 19...
- Typewriter Photos
- ▼ January (38)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
Here is some feedback that I've recieved from my customers. "Hi Kim--My husband and I were at the WIST trunk show last night and b...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
close up of the Barn Quilt at Lapacek’s Orchard Wow! As I was typing up the title of this post I realized we’re half way through the 3...