Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
I lost a bit of my creating momentum during the last week but I did manage to finish quite a few projects. I could almost switch this post to ‘Completed Wednesday’ but that doesn’t sound quite so good…
My Boxed In Quilt is finally finished! I’m super happy with how it turned out.
Once the ground dries a bit more I hope to photo it hanging on the deer fence but I wanted to snag a few pictures while the sun was shining yesterday…
I also finished the Mystery Quilt – the binding is completely sewn on and again – I love the final result!
I love how borders can completely change the entire look of an entire quilt!
So, part of the reason that I couldn’t do much work last week was that I was stuck on the final layout of the Block-a-Palooza Quilt. I wanted to follow what was given to us but it just wasn’t me or my style. I finally decided to bring the blocks to put up on Diane’s huge design wall and get her opinion. After a few arrangements we decided that table runners would be the solution. I broke up the blocks into five groups and have sewn them together for runners. I still have to do the basting, quilting and binding but at least I feel better about what I’m doing with them (I may have to add some borders to a few too…it will have to marinate in my mind a bit…) Runner #1: Block 6, Block 13, Block 11
The girls laid out all the blossoms for the picture this week – and picked them up! I did manage to get the 17 largest blocks sewn on this week – let me tell you – this was no easy task. I’m guessing I will have a needle/finger injury before this quilt is over….I managed to add 53 more yoyo’s to my yoyo collection this week for a total of 266 complete so far. I imagine in the next week I will be done with making yoyo’s – then what will I do!?
|Size of yo-yo's||Quanity Made||Goal||% Complete|
Rag Quilt for Baby
The rag quilt I made for the baby has been ragged! And it is now in the van and ready for the hospital!
The first quilt block for the quilt along was left up to us – what inspires us? I’ve decided that I’m going to make the same block – Constellation - that I used for our orchard’s barn quilt – the second in Columbia County, WI. I plan on figuring out my color scheme and piecing it tomorrow.
Fabric BlocksAnd Capri a block…
And a block for new baby Grant from my PB&J mom’s group! The great thing about these fabric blocks is that the older siblings can throw them as hard as they want and it’s not going to hurt any little babies…
Goals from last week:
- Finish piecing the Block-A-Palooza Quilt - COMPLETE
- Finish binding the Mystery Quilt and the Boxed in Quilt - COMPLETE
- Make some more fabric blocks - COMPLETE
- Wash the baby quilt to make it ‘rag’ - COMPLETE
- Start sewing some of the yoyo’s on the Blossom Quilt - COMPLETE
Goals for this Week:
- Work on the Modern Solids Quilt Along
- Keep working on the Blossom Quilt
- Make some Ruffle Coffee Cozies
***I’m loving that my ‘goal’ list is becoming less and less ‘urgent’***
A look back:
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- WIP Wednesday – Round 10
- Fully Cooked at 40 weeks
- An Interview with ForQuiltsSake (Season 2 Grand Pr...
- Time for a BABY POOL! (with prizes)
- Vintage Shoe Buttons
- WIP Wednesday – Round 9
- Block 5: Fourth Inning – Patchwork Squared Modern ...
- Block 4: Diamond Mine – Patchwork Squared Modern S...
- 39 weeks – 7 days to go
- Interview with KimsCraftyApple (aka me) for Season...
- Block 3: Biggest Fan – Patchwork Squared Modern So...
- Block 2: Center Aisle – Patchwork Squared Modern S...
- WIP Wednesday – Round 8
- A Look Back – Season 2 of Project QUILTING
- 38 weeks – 14 days to go
- Project QUILTING – Off Season Challenge 1 – It’s A...
- Project QUILTING – Off Season Challenges
- Project QUILTING – Prize Re-Draw
- Winners for the Quilts by Barb 2011 Quilt Retreat
- Project QUILTING – Prize Re-Draw
- Front Page Exposure for theApple
- Block 1 – Patchwork Squared Modern Solids Quilt Al...
- WIP Wednesday – Round 7
- Full Term: 37 Weeks – 21 days to go…
- Project QUILTING – Season 2 – Grand Prize Winner!
- Project QUILTING – Season 2 – in Second Place…
- Project QUILTING – Season 2 – In Third Place…
- Random Drawing and Public Comment Winners: Project...
- Public & Judges Choice Winners – Project QUILTING ...
- Spring Converges – Judges Critiques
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...