Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Nothing new since yesterday…
Fabric Rosette’sI made a few more rosettes last week…still not sure what I’m going to do with them… A friend of mine is getting married in June. She’s themed her wedding after a patchwork quilt. Using some of the scraps from various wedding projects I’ve created these 10 pillow tops for decorations at the wedding. They range from 14” to 16” to 18” pillows and I had a TON of fun making them! Now I just have to add the backs…
Quilted Art Tote Bag
Last year I applied for an amazing craft fair in Milwaukee, WI – Art Vs. Craft – I didn’t get in. Instead of getting upset about the rejection I’m using it as a motivator for me to make more of my ‘artsy’ creations and I’ll cross my fingers that those will get me in this year.Some of what I’m doing is making more bags and creations using hand painted fabric (by me). This is a bag I started on Monday – I’m combining my hand-painted fabric with a fun pink commercial print and then quilting it with really tight, geometric patterns. Now I just have to sew up the bag, the lining and add the handles and I’ll have a functional piece of art.
English Paper Pieced Project
I really enjoyed the handwork involved in all of my yoyo’s for the Bloom Quilt so I decided it was time for me to try English Paper Piecing. Here’s the first ‘piece’ I made – just a small embellishment for a bucket hat…
Candy Drop and Vintage Shoe Button Cha Cha Rings
I took a break from my sewing machine yesterday and I made up some new cha cha rings – both vintage shoe button ones and candy drop ones. I enjoyed mixing up my creativeness a bit and it’s always nice to have a project I can work on not in the basement.
L(apacek): Lime I decided to keep my project small and simple – with hopefully lots of drama inside of that. My first step was to fuse the leaves on. Then, I stitched in my tree for my plans to try my hand at reverse applique. I free motion raw edge apppliqued the leaves and then I started to cut away the tree. Here it is! My next step was embellishing. I knew my tree needed a ‘tire’ swing so I added that on first. Then, I really loved how the buttons looked in Quilties Button Willow Piece and I decided I needed to try using that sort of effect on my quilt – for the grass. I’m still working on putting them all in place. I know I could use my machine to put the buttons on, but it’s turned into a nice couch project which I need these days. Once the buttons are one…we’ll just have to see what else ‘needs’ to be added.
Goals from last week:
- Work on the Modern Solids Quilt Along - check
- Keep working on the Blossom Quilt - check
- Make some Ruffle Coffee Cozies
- Work on the ‘Off Season’ Project QUILTING Challenge - check
Goals for this Week:
- Keeping it simple with – HAVE THIS BABY!
A look back:
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- WIP Wednesday – Round 10
- Fully Cooked at 40 weeks
- An Interview with ForQuiltsSake (Season 2 Grand Pr...
- Time for a BABY POOL! (with prizes)
- Vintage Shoe Buttons
- WIP Wednesday – Round 9
- Block 5: Fourth Inning – Patchwork Squared Modern ...
- Block 4: Diamond Mine – Patchwork Squared Modern S...
- 39 weeks – 7 days to go
- Interview with KimsCraftyApple (aka me) for Season...
- Block 3: Biggest Fan – Patchwork Squared Modern So...
- Block 2: Center Aisle – Patchwork Squared Modern S...
- WIP Wednesday – Round 8
- A Look Back – Season 2 of Project QUILTING
- 38 weeks – 14 days to go
- Project QUILTING – Off Season Challenge 1 – It’s A...
- Project QUILTING – Off Season Challenges
- Project QUILTING – Prize Re-Draw
- Winners for the Quilts by Barb 2011 Quilt Retreat
- Project QUILTING – Prize Re-Draw
- Front Page Exposure for theApple
- Block 1 – Patchwork Squared Modern Solids Quilt Al...
- WIP Wednesday – Round 7
- Full Term: 37 Weeks – 21 days to go…
- Project QUILTING – Season 2 – Grand Prize Winner!
- Project QUILTING – Season 2 – in Second Place…
- Project QUILTING – Season 2 – In Third Place…
- Random Drawing and Public Comment Winners: Project...
- Public & Judges Choice Winners – Project QUILTING ...
- Spring Converges – Judges Critiques
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...