Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Hi everyone! How are things going? Things are good around here and I’m excited to show you the little bit of progress I’ve made on my BOM and QAL blocks. For some reason I didn’t have much sewing time last week but I’m having a hard time remembering what I was doing…
Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
There are TWENTY Block tutorials up now! Which means – you can finish your quilt (if you wanted 20 blocks – if you were okay with less you should be fine already :) I have all of mine made and now I’m working like made to make up my sashings and cornerstones. I didn’t realize there were 49 sashings that to be made – and I’m going to make them all different…I have a bit of work to do. But if you’ve been watching the block you’ve probably noticed that the sashing tutorials are being posted faster than before. I think I have at least five photo’d and ready for their write up so hopefully this part goes quickly. I’m super happy with how this quilt is turning out – I think it’s going to be such a fun one!
I would LOVE to see how yours is coming along! PLEASE post your block photo’s to the flickr Group: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along Flickr Group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1850682@N20/
Blogger’s BOM Quilt Along from Canton Village Quilt Works AND New York Beauty- A Paper Piecing Quilt Along, AND Mariner’s Compass Experiments
I have two of every block made for the Blogger’s BOM. If I remember correctly a new block tutorial will be up on the 25th – just two days away! I’m still moving a bit slower on the New York Beauty Quilt Along but did manage to make two more since the last post. I think these are really going to add some jazz to this piece – and I can’t believe I’m actually making them – I never saw myself doing this ever!
I still only have the sole Mariner’s Compass Block done from the aid of Chris Lynn Kirsch’s class and her new self-published book, Compass Capers. I will definitely be making at least one more of these for this piece.
You can see what everyone else’s blocks for the BOM look like in the flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/bloggersbom/pool/with/6789066490/
and for the New York Beauty Quilt Along in this flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1900096@N20/
The Craftsy Block of the Month
I finished the April English Paper Piece Blocks and have found a new love of English Paper piecing while doing it! They were both really fun blocks to make!
And here’s the Craftsy Block of the Month Flickr Group if you want to see what others’ looks like:
- Overview of the Block of the Month Club
- Block of the Month Pre-Cut Kits
- Block 1:
- Block 2:
- Block 3
- Block 4
Do you know of any great quilt-alongs I should add to my list? I’m always looking for more to expand my skills! I’m especially looking for ones that are 8-inch block size so I can use up more scraps!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Home Sweet Home – Truffula Tree Sashing Tutorial
- A Birthday, A Book Review and a GIVEAWAY
- Home Sweet Home – Birds in the Bushes Sashing Tuto...
- Home Sweet Home – Trees in Blossom Bonus Sashing
- BOM & QAL’s – Monday Update
- ‘ties that bind’ by Marie Bostwick – a blog hop bo...
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Forest Sashing
- Home Sweet Home – BONUS Block – Acid Cottage from ...
- Home Sweet Home – Shoo Fly Sashing
- RAW Madison Stimulus Video & Guest Blogger
- Home Sweet Home – String a Flower Garden Sashing B...
- Home Sweet Home – BONUS Block – Rippling Pond from...
- I’m 30!!!!
- What’s Your Style: Boho
- BOM’s & QA’s – Monday Update
- BONUS Block – Home Sweet Home Quilt Along: Marcia’...
- Block 16 – Home Sweet Home Quilt Along 'Branch Swe...
- Home Sweet Home Sashing BONUS – 36 patch
- Block 15: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Home for H...
- Project QUILTING: Ziggin & A Zaggin - A Closer Loo...
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
close up of the Barn Quilt at Lapacek’s Orchard Wow! As I was typing up the title of this post I realized we’re half way through the 3...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
1. Let a Hundred Flowers Bloom: detail, angle , 2. Mum-burst Medallion , 3. 6March 26 2011 085 (Medium) , 4. koi 4 , 5. Sugary Sweet Baby...