Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
I fell in love with michelemaule’s ‘Someday Soon…5x7 Reproduction Print’ when I stumbled across it looking for things to fill a particular treasury. This is just one of many amazing images Michele has in her etsy shop. I had to see if she would do an interview for my blog and happily she agreed! I hope you all enjoy meeting her as much as I did!
Tell me a little bit about your background in arts and crafts.
I started making art as a young kid, and I always really enjoyed it.
It was my favorite subject in school. as I got older, it remained one of my most favorite things. So, after a lot of debate, I went to college, and graduated with a degree in it!
When did you first start creating things?
I began creating things at a very young age. Probably kindergarten is my earliest memory of making things. I remember some of my first art projects, and I remember always getting a lot of praise for the things I made.
What were the first things you created? and how did your creativity progress from there?
as I got older some of the more serious things I started making were paintings. I started painting when I was about 18. I was doing a lot of what I am doing now. Lots of painting and collage. It was a lot darker than the work that I am doing now. I think I've really learned how to express my ideas better throughout the years.
Is this your only business or do you do other things as well?
This is it! This is my one and only job and I love it.
Do you still dream about making other things? If so, what?
I'm always dreaming of doing new things. I really want to do more screen printing, and perfecting that. I'd also love to learn how to knit, or sew, but there are only so many hours in the day!
How did you come up with your shop name?
It was pretty easy. I just used my name. I think using your own name when having an online business is great for visual artists.
What are your favorite shops on etsy? Why do you like them?
There are so many! I really don't think I could pick one, two, three, or four favorites. There are so many talented people on Etsy. It really amazes me. Some of the ones that i am thinking of right now are:
The Garcia Tie Dyed Dog T Shirt
She has a Boston Terrier, and so do I, and I just love her shop.
I also love
Miereio Spa and Travel Pillow – Magnolia Blossoms
She has such lovely items. I want to buy it all.
and I love
Hungry Like a Wolf - Purple
How did you hear about Etsy?
My friend Angie actually told me about Etsy. We were at a craft fair, and she told me that she thought my work would do really well there. She was right!
Any words of advice to others?
Just work as hard as you can, and try to keep a positive attitude.
It can be rough sometimes, especially when you're first starting out, but it's so important to try and be as positive as you can.
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- Meet Michele From MicheleMaule of ETSY
- Themed Thursday – It’s Raining, It’s Pouring
- ETSY KEYWORDS FOR FRONT PAGE (July 22nd - 28th
- Quilt Picture Makeover – AGAIN!
- A fellow Team Quiltsy Member!
- Treasury Saturday – July 25th
- What’s New for Blue Hill By Hand?
- Themed Thursday – LET’S PARTY!
- ETSY KEY WORDS FOR FRONT PAGE (July 15th – July 21...
- Always in Season Retail Store
- HandmadeNews.org feature
- Custom Orders
- Treasury Saturday – July 18th
- Themed Thursday – SUMMER TIME!
- NEW! Bright and Beautiful Buffalo Ridge Baby Quilt...
- Blue Hill By Hand - More Earrings
- NEW! Under the Sea Baby Quilt
- NEW Fabric for my STASH from IKEA!!!!
- Treasury Saturday – July 11th
- An Interview - Meet TotToppers
- Themed Thursday - SLEEP
- Look What Happened While I was Sleeping!
- NEW AT KIM’S CRAFTY APPLE
- EtsyBABY Heat Wave Challenge!
- Happy Fourth of July!
- Treasury Friday – July 3rd
- Themed Thursday – Up Nort’
- New Opportunities
- ▼ July (28)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I just realized that I haven’t shared with you all the Judges Comments on my last Project Quilting Piece – 3 Geese . So, without further ad...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
Here is some feedback that I've recieved from my customers. "Hi Kim--My husband and I were at the WIST trunk show last night and b...
close up of the Barn Quilt at Lapacek’s Orchard Wow! As I was typing up the title of this post I realized we’re half way through the 3...