Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
As we all know – we all have just one week to finish our project. So…what happens when you’re almost done (just the binding left), you wake up on Sunday all ready to finish BUT you and your family have the FLU! Well…you post your project when you finish and I share it with everyone anyway. No, no more prizes for you this round, BUT you’ll still get feedback from other quilters and ‘Bravo’s’ from everyone for sticking to it and finishing it!
The Story behind ‘Better Late than Never’:
So here is my entry... I know, I know. Late. We got hit by the flu. But I was so close to being finished (just the binding) I had to do finish it and wanted to share it.
Okay. About me.
I am Katie, from Brunswick, Maryland. I am a beginner quilter, quilting for about a year. I chose to do this quilt design because I loved the idea of keeping the primary colors blocks. And I love the idea of pairing that with black and white. And since I happened to have some fat eights of black and white patterns around, I chose this. Finished it measures 57 inches by 41 inches. One of the things I like best about this is that it can be displayed any why I want. The stairs can be up or down, tall or short, blue leading or yellow leading. Anyway!
Right now, this quilt will be hung on my playroom wall, mostly because my daughter thinks it was made for her. (And at 3, who is going to argue!)
There is still LOTS of time to cast your vote for your favorite entry in the Primary Colors Challenge – AND comment to win a fabulous prize!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Names, Names, It’s all about the Name!
- Time to VOTE for Project QUILTING’s – What’s in a ...
- Orientation Advice!
- Quilter’s Block A-Palooza: Block #2: Word Search
- Be Inspired!
- Iron Craft Challenge #4 – Get Cozy
- My Ruffler Foot!
- Bloggers’ Block-A-Palooza…waiting for spring
- Project QUILTING – Guest Judge QUILTDAD!
- Project QUILTING Season 2 – Challenge 2 – What’s i...
- Helpful Links for Quilters
- Project QUILTING Random Winners and Public Comment...
- Project QUILTING Primary Color Winners – Public an...
- Project QUILTING – my Bookshelf Quilt - Primary Co...
- Challenge from the Storque – Challenge 1
- Iron Craft Challenge #3 – Time to BUNT – A Valenti...
- Project QULITING – Sometimes Flu Happens…
- TIME TO VOTE for Project QUILTING’s Primary Color’...
- Treasury Wednesday
- Front Page - Etsy
- Project QUILTING Season 2, Challenge 1 – Primary C...
- Project QUILTING – Amazing SPONSORS!
- KimsCraftyApple on Etsy’s Front Page
- Project QUILTING – An Interview with SarahB
- Iron Craft Challenge 1
- A Spoonflower New Year’s Resolution
- Project QUILTING – An Interview with Diane Lapacek...
- Happy Twenty Eleven!
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...