Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Hi! I am happy to be sharing with you a block that I designed as part of a 36 block quilt along. It’s fun, easy to make and I hope you enjoy it!
I’ll start with a little background on the Celebrate Christmas Quilt Along. On Quilting Gallery's site every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for 12 weeks straight you will find one new designer with a new block and full instructions on how to make that block. To make it even better, a "Super Deal" is posted along with each block from places like Fat Quarter Shop! (You can find all the information for it here plus a fun contest.)
Onto my block…
All Wrapped Up
I used a fat quarter set of Jason Yenter's Holiday line for In the Beginning Fabrics. Wintergraphix that I purchased from FabricFascination. I just LOVE this fabric and have been itching to try it out on something! This was just perfect!
4 – 1.5” x 18” strips of Fabric 2
Step 1. Sew a strip of Fabric 2 to a strip of Fabric 3. Press towards Fabric 3.
Step 4. Take your 12.5” square of Fabric 1. Cut a wonky diagonal somewhere through the approximate middle portion of the fabric.
Now, it doesn’t really matter were – just make sure to be at least 2 inches from either corner.
Step 5. Sew your strip onto the left diagonal. Press towards Fabric 1. Leave a good portion of your 18” triple strip on the top and bottom of the square. It will help later when you need to square things up.
Step 8. Repeat steps 5 and 6 in this direction.
This is my first ‘block tutorial’ and I realized after the first block that I didn’t take enough step by step pictures along the way. So, I ended up having two blocks by the time I was done! I think with a few more I’ll have a nice table runner or table topper perfect for the holidays!
DOWNLOAD a copy of the pattern HERE!
MORE about the Celebrate Christmas Quilt Along:
- Featured Designers (quick links to the blocks)
- Super Deals for Quilters (quick links to the savings)
- Blog Posts – Blocks and Super Deals are here!
- Upload your blocks – Flickr Group
- Start: September 13, 2011
- End: December 1, 2011
- Length: 12 weeks
- 36 designers creating 12" blocks for quilters to make.
- Designer profiles, their blocks and a Super Deal for Quilters will be featured each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Quilters can complete the blocks and upload to our Flickr group to share their creations and for a chance to win hand-painted Buttons from Incomparable Buttons.
- Completed quilts and projects made with the quilt-along blocks will be featured in next January’s Weekly Quilt Contests.
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Craftacular 2011! Sneak Peak – 3.0
- Happy 5th Birthday Mercedi Rose
- Craftacular 2011! Sneak Peak – 2.0
- Craftacular 2011! Sneak Peak – 1.0
- Mystery Monday – Baffled in Belmont – Steps 5, 6, ...
- Saturday Treasuries
- beautiful balls
- Mystery Monday – Baffled in Belmont Steps 3 & 4
- NEW in my Spoonflower Shop
- All Wrapped Up Block Tutorial – Celebrate Christma...
- Mystery Monday – Baffled in Belmont – Steps 1 & 2
- Baffled In Belmont – Step 1 – Fabric!
- McTavishing in Lodi
- Just playing
- ▼ November (15)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...