Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
I intended to show you my progress on these quilts every week on Monday, but I’m sure you’ve noticed they are happening a bit more sporadically than that. I have decided that it’s better to post when there’s actually some progress to post about than to show nothing. I think I have made some decent progress since the last post so I hope you enjoy….
2012 8-inch Sampler Quilt from all different Quilt Along’s, Block’s of the Months, and my Own Ideas!
I have two of every block made for the Blogger’s BOM including the newest one. I’m still moving a bit slower on the New York Beauty Quilt Along but did manage to make two more since the last post. I think these are really going to add some jazz to this piece – and I can’t believe I’m actually making them – I never saw myself doing this ever!
I still only have the sole Mariner’s Compass Block done from the aid ofChris Lynn Kirsch’s class and her new self-published book, Compass Capers. I will definitely be making at least one more of these for this piece.
I have found another Quilt Along to add into this quilt – the Crumb Along. I am slightly tweaking things from it to fit with what I’m doing (ie – I’m just making two blocks of each design she shows) but I think they’re going to add another great dimension to this quilt!
So far I have 25 8-inch blocks made and I am LOVING this quilt!
You can see what everyone else’s blocks for the Quilter’s BOM look like in the flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/bloggersbom/pool/with/6789066490/
and for the New York Beauty Quilt Along in this flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1900096@N20/
and for the Crumb Along: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1722689@N25/
The Craftsy Block of the Month
I made the two Wonky Log Cabin Blocks for May today. They were fun. The second one was a bit tedious but I do like how it sort of looks like a flower.
And here’s the Craftsy Block of the Month Flickr Group if you want to see what others’ looks like:
Next up: the BOM from FabricFascination. Sometime’s BOM’s are nice to just have the fabric all sent already precut for you – and that’s exactly what I’m doing with this one. Nothing new from me…but I do have plans to work on my May block this week…
- Overview of the Block of the Month Club
- Block of the Month Pre-Cut Kits
- Block 1:
- Block 2:
- Block 3
- Block 4
There are TWENTY Block tutorials up now! Which means – you can finish your quilt (if you wanted 20 blocks – if you were okay with less you should be fine already :) I have all of mine made AND I have my quilt top pieced. I could have revealed it to you now but I’m going to wait a blog post or two before I do just to keep you excited. I did make a different sashing/border strip for every side of the block. I cheated slightly on the cornerstones but trust me – it looks AMAZING! Stay tuned for more sashing tutorials as well!
I would LOVE to see how yours is coming along! PLEASE post your block photo’s to the flickr Group: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along Flickr Group:http://www.flickr.com/groups/1850682@N20/
Do you know of any great quilt-alongs I should add to my list? I’m always looking for more to expand my skills! I’m especially looking for ones that are 8-inch block size so I can use up more scraps!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Spinning Nines Tutorial – A New Block and A Pieced...
- Celebration - Kaleidoscoping
- Home Sweet Home – Happy Neighborhood Sashing Tutor...
- Home Sweet Home – Suburbs Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Window Trees Sashing Tutorial
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Time to Nominate and Vo...
- BOM & QAL – Tuesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from Hawthorne Thre...
- Vintage Hexagon Quilt Find!
- Home Sweet Home – 42. Split Hexie Tree Sashing
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival: Spring 2012 – 21. Bloomi...
- Quilter’s Tattoo
- Celebration – Round 2
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Trees
- Face Painting Fun
- BOM & QAL – Saturday Update
- What’s Your Style: Burlesque
- Home Sweet Home – Four Square Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Four Rectangles Sashing Tutorial...
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from the Fat Quarte...
- Quilt Show, Ballet Pictures, and the Singing Quilt...
- Home Sweet Home – Zig Zag Sashing Tutorial from Ma...
- Home Sweet Home Quilt Top Revealed
- Prairie Heritage Quilt Show – today, tomorrow and ...
- 2012 Quilts By Barb Retreat Quilt - ‘Celebration’ ...
- Book Winner!
- BOM’s & QAL’s – Wednesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Window Panes Sashing Tutorials
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...