Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
I have a super easy-peasy sashing tutorial for the Home Sweet Home Quilt Along to share with you tonight. I’m going to try to fill in the blanks of the sashing’s in order as best I can so today we’ll go to the first one – Four Rectangles.
4 – 2” x 6.5” rectangles in fabrics used in your main quilt blocks
Sew two sets of rectangles together the long way (along the 6.5” edge)
Sew those two sets together the short way (along the now 3.5” edge)
So simple – but still a great look!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Spinning Nines Tutorial – A New Block and A Pieced...
- Celebration - Kaleidoscoping
- Home Sweet Home – Happy Neighborhood Sashing Tutor...
- Home Sweet Home – Suburbs Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Window Trees Sashing Tutorial
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Time to Nominate and Vo...
- BOM & QAL – Tuesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from Hawthorne Thre...
- Vintage Hexagon Quilt Find!
- Home Sweet Home – 42. Split Hexie Tree Sashing
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival: Spring 2012 – 21. Bloomi...
- Quilter’s Tattoo
- Celebration – Round 2
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Trees
- Face Painting Fun
- BOM & QAL – Saturday Update
- What’s Your Style: Burlesque
- Home Sweet Home – Four Square Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Four Rectangles Sashing Tutorial...
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from the Fat Quarte...
- Quilt Show, Ballet Pictures, and the Singing Quilt...
- Home Sweet Home – Zig Zag Sashing Tutorial from Ma...
- Home Sweet Home Quilt Top Revealed
- Prairie Heritage Quilt Show – today, tomorrow and ...
- 2012 Quilts By Barb Retreat Quilt - ‘Celebration’ ...
- Book Winner!
- BOM’s & QAL’s – Wednesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Window Panes Sashing Tutorials
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas before I shut my computer down for the next few days. My littles are tucked into bed with instr...
I saw this quilt by Aneela Hoey over 9 months ago. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind – I just LOVE it! So – here’s what I ...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...