Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
To see more about how I created the middle of this quilt check out my first POST.
It was time for round 2 of this gorgeous Celebration Quilt that we’re making at the 2012 Quilts By Barb Retreat Get Away Weekend.
Initially I thought I would make my stars in this turquoise and make the next strip around in a grey that went with the main fabric. I rarely second guess myself – I very much an initial ‘gut’ decision maker…but this time I had a secondary ‘gut’ reaction that said it just wasn’t working.
I stood away from my design wall to help in my decision making.
I decided to go with my second gut feeling and do the coordinating stripe and the hand-dyed fabric. Now to finish up the corners of this piece – which means more decisions to make! I created four different options and I’ll show you a close up to the corners so you can see even better…Lower left – Green Typewriter print fabric with the backside of a darker over-dyed fabric. Upper right – Green Typewriter Fabric with the front side of a darker over-dyed fabric. Upper left – Turquoise corners with the backside of the over-dyed fabric. Lower Left – Turquoise corners with the frontside of the over-dyed fabric. After hanging on my wall for a few days and also making sure my gut decision was the right one by checking in on Diane’s gut for what I should go for I finally decided to…
Next – I have to decide on the final round of this quilt (unless I decide to border it…)
Do you think I made the right decisions?
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Spinning Nines Tutorial – A New Block and A Pieced...
- Celebration - Kaleidoscoping
- Home Sweet Home – Happy Neighborhood Sashing Tutor...
- Home Sweet Home – Suburbs Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Window Trees Sashing Tutorial
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Time to Nominate and Vo...
- BOM & QAL – Tuesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from Hawthorne Thre...
- Vintage Hexagon Quilt Find!
- Home Sweet Home – 42. Split Hexie Tree Sashing
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival: Spring 2012 – 21. Bloomi...
- Quilter’s Tattoo
- Celebration – Round 2
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Trees
- Face Painting Fun
- BOM & QAL – Saturday Update
- What’s Your Style: Burlesque
- Home Sweet Home – Four Square Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Four Rectangles Sashing Tutorial...
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from the Fat Quarte...
- Quilt Show, Ballet Pictures, and the Singing Quilt...
- Home Sweet Home – Zig Zag Sashing Tutorial from Ma...
- Home Sweet Home Quilt Top Revealed
- Prairie Heritage Quilt Show – today, tomorrow and ...
- 2012 Quilts By Barb Retreat Quilt - ‘Celebration’ ...
- Book Winner!
- BOM’s & QAL’s – Wednesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Window Panes Sashing Tutorials
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
close up of the Barn Quilt at Lapacek’s Orchard Wow! As I was typing up the title of this post I realized we’re half way through the 3...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
1. Let a Hundred Flowers Bloom: detail, angle , 2. Mum-burst Medallion , 3. 6March 26 2011 085 (Medium) , 4. koi 4 , 5. Sugary Sweet Baby...