Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
To see more about how I created the middle of this quilt check out my first POST.
It was time for round 2 of this gorgeous Celebration Quilt that we’re making at the 2012 Quilts By Barb Retreat Get Away Weekend.
Initially I thought I would make my stars in this turquoise and make the next strip around in a grey that went with the main fabric. I rarely second guess myself – I very much an initial ‘gut’ decision maker…but this time I had a secondary ‘gut’ reaction that said it just wasn’t working.
I stood away from my design wall to help in my decision making.
I decided to go with my second gut feeling and do the coordinating stripe and the hand-dyed fabric. Now to finish up the corners of this piece – which means more decisions to make! I created four different options and I’ll show you a close up to the corners so you can see even better…Lower left – Green Typewriter print fabric with the backside of a darker over-dyed fabric. Upper right – Green Typewriter Fabric with the front side of a darker over-dyed fabric. Upper left – Turquoise corners with the backside of the over-dyed fabric. Lower Left – Turquoise corners with the frontside of the over-dyed fabric. After hanging on my wall for a few days and also making sure my gut decision was the right one by checking in on Diane’s gut for what I should go for I finally decided to…
Next – I have to decide on the final round of this quilt (unless I decide to border it…)
Do you think I made the right decisions?
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Spinning Nines Tutorial – A New Block and A Pieced...
- Celebration - Kaleidoscoping
- Home Sweet Home – Happy Neighborhood Sashing Tutor...
- Home Sweet Home – Suburbs Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Window Trees Sashing Tutorial
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Time to Nominate and Vo...
- BOM & QAL – Tuesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from Hawthorne Thre...
- Vintage Hexagon Quilt Find!
- Home Sweet Home – 42. Split Hexie Tree Sashing
- Blogger’s Quilt Festival: Spring 2012 – 21. Bloomi...
- Quilter’s Tattoo
- Celebration – Round 2
- Home Sweet Home – Hexagon Trees
- Face Painting Fun
- BOM & QAL – Saturday Update
- What’s Your Style: Burlesque
- Home Sweet Home – Four Square Sashing Tutorial
- Home Sweet Home – Four Rectangles Sashing Tutorial...
- Home Sweet Home – Cornerstones from the Fat Quarte...
- Quilt Show, Ballet Pictures, and the Singing Quilt...
- Home Sweet Home – Zig Zag Sashing Tutorial from Ma...
- Home Sweet Home Quilt Top Revealed
- Prairie Heritage Quilt Show – today, tomorrow and ...
- 2012 Quilts By Barb Retreat Quilt - ‘Celebration’ ...
- Book Winner!
- BOM’s & QAL’s – Wednesday Update
- Home Sweet Home – Window Panes Sashing Tutorials
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
I just have to say you all are so TALENTED! I'm in awe with ALL the projects submitted for this challenge! If it weren't for you (th...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I saw this quilt by Aneela Hoey over 9 months ago. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind – I just LOVE it! So – here’s what I ...