Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
2009 Summer Dyeing Workshop apron art quilt artist autumn equinox award baby quilt bags bangles Barn Quilts beer can earrings block exchange blog feature blue hill by hand boss bracelets candy drop earrings candy drop rings challenge cpsia law DaisyCreek delivery earrings etsy Etsy in the News etsy teams etsybaby front page hand dyed fabric handprint quilts interview interviews jewelry keywords kimscraftyapple lapaceks orchard magnolia my life newspaper old fashion organicquiltcompany owls paper doll quilt Park City Girl: Quilt Festival - Spring 2009 Poynette Poynette Press Prairie Heritage Quilt Show and Competition prize prizes project Quilting projects quilt quilt retreat quilts quiltsbybarb quiltsy quiltsyteam rag quilts Ricky Tims rings Road Trip season 1 sojournquilts tagging Team etsybaby team quiltsy team wist theapple themed thursday tote bags TotToppers treasury under the sea vintage typewriter rings VOTER voting weaving wholesale woven quilt
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Thursday, February 5, 2009
12:43 PM | Edit Post
I'm taking the liberty in entring this fabulous quilt my Mother-in-law made into the bloggers Quilt festival. I hope you enjoy it!
In my January 7th blog, Welcome to the Jungle, I started to talk about the amazing quilt that my mother-in-law made for my first born, Cedi. I am now taking the time to show you, in detail, the amazing work that my mother-in-law, Diane, did with the construction of the quilt and the amazing job that my aunt-in-law, Barb, did on the quilting.
A significant portion of the fabric in this quilt was hand-dyed by my mother-in-law. We will be having a hand-dying workshop this June (June 20th, to be exact...more details to come SOON) so you will have an opportunity to make extraordinary fabric as well.
The creatures on the quilt were appliqued on and then quilted with amazing texture. The combined effort creates an almost three-dimensional look.
If you look at the picture above and below this paragraph you can see that Barb even quilted Cedi's name (Cedi Lapacek) into the background...how amazing is that!
Diane chose to do a crazy quilted border...using fabulous stitching patterns at different seams and a variety of fabulous thread. You can literally spend HOURS and HOURS looking at this quilt and see something each time.
When looking through the pictures, try to see how many different animals and flowers, and other unique patterns that Barb quilted into the background...
I would love to hear what your favorite part is!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- Treasury Saturday
- Meet EllaBellaMay!
- Winter Dyeing Adventure
- Cora’s Playground: Etsy Benefit Sale
- HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY CAPRI!
- etsyBABY Spring Fling Challenge
- Treasury Saturday
- Meet SnooliBaby in my 100th blog post!
- Little Girls and Little Dresses
- Quilts By Barb Etsy Shop!
- Under the Sea Quilt from Barb and Katrina
- 2009 Dyeing Day Workshop! Part 2
- Bling Bling!
- Treasury Saturday (of course)
- An Interview with Chris from PalominoMorgan
- An Interview with Karma Lapacek...Creator of 'True...
- An Interview with Kate from digibling
- 2009 Summer Dyeing Workshop!
- Butterfly Garden
- Treasury Saturday - New Feature!
- Cedi's Cupcake
- Capri's Cupcake
- An Interview with Peg from KuddleZoo!
- 'In the Jungle' Quilt
- List of 99
- Meet Kristen from Marinade!
- Jewelry By KimsCraftyApple
- ▼ February (27)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
Here is some feedback that I've recieved from my customers. "Hi Kim--My husband and I were at the WIST trunk show last night and b...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...