Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
One of the first quilt related internet ‘event’ I participated in was the Blogger’s Quilt Festival. It was so fun and very well run by Amy Ellis of AmysCreativeSide. I’ve been following her ever since and I was just delighted when she agreed to be a guest judge for Project QUILTING. And now, I’m happy to share with you Amy’s story:
I'm Amy, a wife and mom to four great kids - and I blog daily at AmysCreativeSide! I learned to sew garments as a girl, around 10 years old I was asking my mom to teach me to sew. Being that she is left handed, she enrolled me in the local 4-H program, so that she wouldn't teach me backwards (her fear, not mine!). For the next 6 or 7 years I sewed garments and had fun showing them at local fairs. Off to college, I didn't have the chance, or equipment to sew, but as soon as I had my first baby (at 23) I had the bug to sew again!
Fabric has always been my first creative love. With my own children, I had a very strong desire to quilt and over the last 10 years have been quilting. At first just here and there, but as I understood more, it became more of an outlet on a regular basis. I love that once complete, it doesn't need to be re-done, unlike all the laundry and dishes.
Since starting my blog, 3 years ago next month, I have been inspired to encourage others to learn to quilt. And to make quilts that are simple and beautiful, knowing that they will still be well loved no matter how much time I devote to their construction. This week my first book releases with Martingale! I am so excited to finally have this collection of quilts in
Modern Basics: Easy Quilts to Fit Your Budget, Space and Style, available to share with my friends and fans online - it has been quite the journey!
My motto in life is - "It doesn't hurt to ask!" Because you never know, they might just say yes!
I host the Bloggers' Quilt Festival twice yearly. BQF coincides with Market, giving all of us not at Market, a lot of eye candy to keep us busy! If you haven't joined us yet, I encourage you to join this spring. There's no entry fee, no required skill level, and you can enjoy it in your jammies on your couch!
Thanks so much to Kim and her team for putting this fun challenge together and having me as a judge, I can't wait to see what everyone creates!
To participate in the challenge Amy is guest judging check out this post to read more: http://kimscraftyapple.blogspot.com/2011/02/project-quilting-season-2-challenge-3.html
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Blogger’s Block-a-Palooza: Block #10 – Turned Gees...
- “I So Much Love You” ~Capri
- Time to VOTE! Project QUILTING: Hardware Store Ch...
- WIP Wednesday
- Meet this Week’s Guest Judge – Ann of Renegade Qui...
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza – Block #9: Lemonade Sta...
- Meatasaurus – an Odd Custom Order
- Project QUILTING, Season 2 – Challenge 4 - Hardwa...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine – Random and Pu...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine Winners – Publi...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine ‘Owl Be Yours’ ...
- Blogger’s Block-a-Palooza – Block #8 – Basket of G...
- Nesting – Boxed In
- Coming: New pattern for color wheel coasters and p...
- Nesting…the Mystery Quilt
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza – Block #7 – Orange you ...
- Project QUILTING – It’s Time to Vote for Your Favo...
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza: Block 6 – You are Here...
- Fall In Love with Handmade
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine - ‘Owl Be Yours...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine – Sneak Peak 7 ...
- Etsy Success Symposium Takeaways
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine – Sneak Peak 6
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine Sneak Peak 5
- How to Paint an Owl – a Class with Juliette Crane
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 4
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 3
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 2
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza – Geesey-McNinePatch
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 1
- The Glitter Workshop – DIY FUN and Lots of Vintage...
- Project QUILTING Guest Judge – Meet Amy Ellis of A...
- Project QUILTING Season 2 – Challenge 3 – Be My Va...
- Project QUILTING – What’s in a Name Random Drawing...
- Project QUILTING What’s in a Name Challenge – Publ...
- Bloggers Block-A-Palooza: Block 4 Gingham Pinwhee...
- Fall in Love with Handmade – Trunk Show at the Gli...
- Project QUILTING – Zip City
- Quilter’s Block A-Palooza #3: Shoofly Geese
- Mug Rug Swap with the Quilting Gallery
- ▼ February (40)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...