Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Another round of great projects. Congratulations to all of you. You are all winners in my book. Kim and I had a discussion yesterday and she says I'm the Simon Cowell of Project Quilting. I have made it a point to include all the thoughts I have about your project. Some you may agree with and some you may not. That's Ok...it's only my opinion. I love to see quilters grow, both technically and artistically. and we have seen much of that here.
This week’s PRIZES!
FOUR randomly drawn participant will receive either In the Studio with Judy Murrah by Judy Murrah from UniquelyNancy OR $20 for Machine Quilting Servicesfrom QuiltsbyBarb. OR Downloadable Quilter's Cookbook 2009 from the QuiltingGallery OR $10 to Dye Candy
This week’s Judges!
Now for the challenge…
Challenge 3 – Be My Valentine
Now, to mix things up a bit. I am hearing lots about Valentine's Day on the radio and in the ads, so decided we'd work with it for Challenge 3.......with a few twists, of course. After all, anyone can make a Valentine quilt. In Project Quilting, we want something more.
1. The inspiration is Be My Valentine.
2. The main colors of your project will be something other than red or pink. You can use small amounts of red and pink, but the overall color should be something else.
3. You cannot use the word "Valentine" on the front of your project. You may use it in the name if you wish.
4. POST your entries with a description of your creative process, including where you are (ie, I create in Madison, WI) and the size of your project by Sunday, February 13, 2011, at noon, CDT, to this flickr group – Project QUILTING with KimsCraftyApple: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1401824@N21/ OR email a picture/description of your completed project to email@example.com with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line.
5. If this is the first Project Quilting challenge you've participated in, please email Kim firstname.lastname@example.org with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line so that Kim can send you feedback from the judges and keep you updated on the behind the scenes going-ons.
Remember, these challenges are intended to help you Think Outside the Square. Be creative. Take a risk. Do something no one else will think of doing.
submitted by Diane Lapacek
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Blogger’s Block-a-Palooza: Block #10 – Turned Gees...
- “I So Much Love You” ~Capri
- Time to VOTE! Project QUILTING: Hardware Store Ch...
- WIP Wednesday
- Meet this Week’s Guest Judge – Ann of Renegade Qui...
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza – Block #9: Lemonade Sta...
- Meatasaurus – an Odd Custom Order
- Project QUILTING, Season 2 – Challenge 4 - Hardwa...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine – Random and Pu...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine Winners – Publi...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine ‘Owl Be Yours’ ...
- Blogger’s Block-a-Palooza – Block #8 – Basket of G...
- Nesting – Boxed In
- Coming: New pattern for color wheel coasters and p...
- Nesting…the Mystery Quilt
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza – Block #7 – Orange you ...
- Project QUILTING – It’s Time to Vote for Your Favo...
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza: Block 6 – You are Here...
- Fall In Love with Handmade
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine - ‘Owl Be Yours...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine – Sneak Peak 7 ...
- Etsy Success Symposium Takeaways
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine – Sneak Peak 6
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine Sneak Peak 5
- How to Paint an Owl – a Class with Juliette Crane
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 4
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 3
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 2
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza – Geesey-McNinePatch
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 1
- The Glitter Workshop – DIY FUN and Lots of Vintage...
- Project QUILTING Guest Judge – Meet Amy Ellis of A...
- Project QUILTING Season 2 – Challenge 3 – Be My Va...
- Project QUILTING – What’s in a Name Random Drawing...
- Project QUILTING What’s in a Name Challenge – Publ...
- Bloggers Block-A-Palooza: Block 4 Gingham Pinwhee...
- Fall in Love with Handmade – Trunk Show at the Gli...
- Project QUILTING – Zip City
- Quilter’s Block A-Palooza #3: Shoofly Geese
- Mug Rug Swap with the Quilting Gallery
- ▼ February (40)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I saw this quilt by Aneela Hoey over 9 months ago. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind – I just LOVE it! So – here’s what I ...
close up of the Barn Quilt at Lapacek’s Orchard Wow! As I was typing up the title of this post I realized we’re half way through the 3...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
‘My Home’ by Kim Lapacek, KimsCraftyApple Fabric 1 : Medium or light for sky (I chose blues) – you should have at least 2 diffe...