Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Hello, everyone. Welcome to Season 2, Challenge 4 of Project Quilting. I can’t believe we’ve passed the half way point! Time really flew by!
To read more about Project Quilting Here: http://kimscraftyapple.blogspot.com/2010/04/project-quilting.html
This week’s PRIZES!
THREE randomly drawn (by my two beauties) participants in this weeks challenge will take home either $10 to SpiceBerryCottage OR $20 for Machine Quilting Servicesfrom QuiltsbyBarb OR a pdf of 2 maze quilt patterns from Lisa Penny!
This weeks’ JUDGES!
Guest Judge: Ann of RenegadeQuilter
Now for the challenge…
For Challenge 4 we are going to do a remake of one of Season 1's Challenges. Office Supplies was one of my personal favorites from last year. One of the best things about this type of challenge is learning to find inspiration where ever you are.
1. You inspiration for Challenge 4 will come from a visit to a hardware store. Look around, maybe take some pictures, get a feel for the place. The visual impact is greater at a brick and mortar store, but visiting an internet store can work, too.
2. Choose at least 3 different things to be your inspiration. You can use the actual items in your quilt, but are not required to do so. Be sure to tell us about the items and how they inspired you.
3. Please remember that these projects need to be created during the week of the challenge.
4. POST your entries with a description of your creative process, including where you are (ie, I create in Madison, WI) and the size of your project by Sunday, February 27th, 2011, at noon, CDT, to this flickr group – Project QUILTING with KimsCraftyApple: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1401824@N21/ OR email a picture/description of your completed project to email@example.com with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line.
5. If this is the first Project Quilting challenge you've participated in, please email Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line so that Kim can send you feedback from the judges and keep you updated on the behind the scenes going-ons.
Remember, these challenges are intended to help you ‘Think Outside the Square’. Be creative. Take a risk. Do something no one else will think of doing.
Submitted by Diane Lapacek
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Blogger’s Block-a-Palooza: Block #10 – Turned Gees...
- “I So Much Love You” ~Capri
- Time to VOTE! Project QUILTING: Hardware Store Ch...
- WIP Wednesday
- Meet this Week’s Guest Judge – Ann of Renegade Qui...
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza – Block #9: Lemonade Sta...
- Meatasaurus – an Odd Custom Order
- Project QUILTING, Season 2 – Challenge 4 - Hardwa...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine – Random and Pu...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine Winners – Publi...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine ‘Owl Be Yours’ ...
- Blogger’s Block-a-Palooza – Block #8 – Basket of G...
- Nesting – Boxed In
- Coming: New pattern for color wheel coasters and p...
- Nesting…the Mystery Quilt
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza – Block #7 – Orange you ...
- Project QUILTING – It’s Time to Vote for Your Favo...
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza: Block 6 – You are Here...
- Fall In Love with Handmade
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine - ‘Owl Be Yours...
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine – Sneak Peak 7 ...
- Etsy Success Symposium Takeaways
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine – Sneak Peak 6
- Project QUILTING – Be My Valentine Sneak Peak 5
- How to Paint an Owl – a Class with Juliette Crane
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 4
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 3
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 2
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza – Geesey-McNinePatch
- Project QUILTING ‘Be My Valentine’ Sneak Peak 1
- The Glitter Workshop – DIY FUN and Lots of Vintage...
- Project QUILTING Guest Judge – Meet Amy Ellis of A...
- Project QUILTING Season 2 – Challenge 3 – Be My Va...
- Project QUILTING – What’s in a Name Random Drawing...
- Project QUILTING What’s in a Name Challenge – Publ...
- Bloggers Block-A-Palooza: Block 4 Gingham Pinwhee...
- Fall in Love with Handmade – Trunk Show at the Gli...
- Project QUILTING – Zip City
- Quilter’s Block A-Palooza #3: Shoofly Geese
- Mug Rug Swap with the Quilting Gallery
- ▼ February (40)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...