Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Once again, I have a wonderfully talented guest judge for this week – Ryan Walsh of ‘I’m Just a Guy Who Quilts’. I discovered Ryan on twitter and have enjoyed his blog for quite awhile. Here’s a little bio that Ryan sent me so you can all learn a little more about him:
“Ryan Walsh is a self taught quilter and quilt designer who enjoys taking classic quilt designs and updating them with a modern twist. He’s employed full time as a NYS Licensed Funeral Director and manages a funeral establishment in his hometown. A busy dad, the majority of his quilting adventures occur in the late hours of the night after his kids are in bed!
Ryan uses quilting as a vehicle to satisfy his never ending need to be creative. His work is based around combining traditional piecing methods with free-style construction techniques. As a way to challenge his ability, Ryan participates in several online bees and quilt related swaps every year. When he’s not quilting, Ryan also enjoys photography, embroidery, collage, crocheting, sightseeing and spending time with his family.
Co-owner of the quilt design company, Patchwork Squared (www.patchworksquared.com), Ryan currently resides in the Catskill Mountain region of Upstate New York with his wife and children. To see more of Ryan’s work you can visit his blog at: www.ryanwalshquilts.com.”I just want to thank Ryan right now for taking the time to critique the projects and support this fun little venture. I can’t wait to see all the entries that he’ll have to judge! I also had to laugh when I saw that Diane had made the challenge Flying Geese as Ryan is a block designer for the Blogger’s Block A Palooza Quilt Along (his block will be posted on his blog this Thursday) that has been all about Flying Geese and Nine Patches! Too ironic!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- WIP Wednesday – Round 6
- Project QUILTING – Meet Guest Judge Ebony Love of ...
- 36 weeks – 28 days to go
- Time to VOTE for Project QUILTING – Large Scale Pr...
- 3 Geese – Judges Comments
- WIP Wednesday – Round 5
- 35 weeks, 1 day – 34 days to go…
- Project QUILTING – Challenge 6 – Large Scale Print...
- Project QUILTING – Flying Geese Challenge: Random ...
- Public & Judges Choice Winners for Project QUILTIN...
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza: Block #16 – Pinwheel Pa...
- WIP Wednesday – Round 4
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza: Block #15
- 34 weeks, 1 day: 41 days to go
- Project QUILTING – Technical Difficulties
- Time to VOTE – Project QUILTING Flying Geese Chall...
- The Color of Frustration
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza: Block #14 – Follow the ...
- The ‘Neglected’ Craft of Mine
- WIP Wednesday – Round 3
- Project QUILTING – Meet Guest Judge Ryan Walsh of ...
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Quilt
- Project QUILTING – Challenge 5 – Flying Geese
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza: Block #12
- Project QUILTING – Hardware Store – Random Drawing...
- Project QUILTING – Hardware Store – Public and Jud...
- How Does Your Garden Grow? – Judges Comments
- WIP Wednesday – Round 2
- Blogger’s Block-a-Palooza – Block #11
- Nesting – the Bloom Quilt
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I was lucky enough to find another fantastic Guest Judge for this week’s Project QUILTING Challenge (the last one of season 1). I wanted to...
We’ve already gone through how to create the frame for the barn quilt , how to paint the barn quilt – now I’m going to show you the last ...
Let’s take a look at a few more of the beautiful creations inspired by the Barn Quilt Project QUILTING Challenge. Quilter: Gock’s Frock...
close up of the Barn Quilt at Lapacek’s Orchard Wow! As I was typing up the title of this post I realized we’re half way through the 3...