Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Hello, everyone. Welcome to Season 2, Challenge 5 of Project Quilting.
To read more about Project Quilting Here: http://kimscraftyapple.blogspot.com/2010/04/project-quilting.html
This week’s PRIZES!
TWO randomly drawn (by my two beauties) participants in this weeks challenge will take home either $20 for Machine Quilting Services from QuiltsbyBarb OR a pdf of 2 maze quilt patterns from Lisa Penny!
Everyone that enters a piece for this challenge can decide if they want their name entered in a drawing for $50 off the 2011 Quilts by Barb Quilt Retreat Getaway Weekend.
This weeks’ JUDGES!
Guest Judge: Ryan Walsh of I’m Just a Guy Who Quilts
Challenge 5 - Flying Geese
1. Your inspiration for Challenge 5 is Flying Geese. I'm sure you've all seen the traditional flying geese. Your challenge is to let them inspire you to do something unexpected.
2. For an extra twist this week, you are required to use a complimentary (opposites on the color wheel) color scheme.
3. Please remember that these projects need to be created during the week of the challenge.
4. POST your entries with a description of your creative process, including where you are (ie, I create in Madison, WI) and the size of your project by Sunday, March 13th, 2011, at noon, CDT, to this flickr group – Project QUILTING with KimsCraftyApple: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1401824@N21/ OR email a picture/description of your completed project to email@example.com with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line.
5. If this is the first Project Quilting challenge you've participated in, please email Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line so that Kim can send you feedback from the judges and keep you updated on the behind the scenes going-ons.
Remember, these challenges are intended to help you ‘Think Outside the Square’. Be creative. Take a risk. Do something no one else will think of doing.
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- WIP Wednesday – Round 6
- Project QUILTING – Meet Guest Judge Ebony Love of ...
- 36 weeks – 28 days to go
- Time to VOTE for Project QUILTING – Large Scale Pr...
- 3 Geese – Judges Comments
- WIP Wednesday – Round 5
- 35 weeks, 1 day – 34 days to go…
- Project QUILTING – Challenge 6 – Large Scale Print...
- Project QUILTING – Flying Geese Challenge: Random ...
- Public & Judges Choice Winners for Project QUILTIN...
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza: Block #16 – Pinwheel Pa...
- WIP Wednesday – Round 4
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza: Block #15
- 34 weeks, 1 day: 41 days to go
- Project QUILTING – Technical Difficulties
- Time to VOTE – Project QUILTING Flying Geese Chall...
- The Color of Frustration
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza: Block #14 – Follow the ...
- The ‘Neglected’ Craft of Mine
- WIP Wednesday – Round 3
- Project QUILTING – Meet Guest Judge Ryan Walsh of ...
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Quilt
- Project QUILTING – Challenge 5 – Flying Geese
- Blogger’s Block-A-Palooza: Block #12
- Project QUILTING – Hardware Store – Random Drawing...
- Project QUILTING – Hardware Store – Public and Jud...
- How Does Your Garden Grow? – Judges Comments
- WIP Wednesday – Round 2
- Blogger’s Block-a-Palooza – Block #11
- Nesting – the Bloom Quilt
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
Since I had such a crazy busy week last week I made basically no progress on my BOM’s & QA’s until this week so that’s why I waited unti...
Here is some feedback that I've recieved from my customers. "Hi Kim--My husband and I were at the WIST trunk show last night and b...
close up of the Barn Quilt at Lapacek’s Orchard Wow! As I was typing up the title of this post I realized we’re half way through the 3...
I saw this quilt by Aneela Hoey over 9 months ago. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind – I just LOVE it! So – here’s what I ...