Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
This quilt was created in Franklin, PA, USA.
I used raw edge fusible appliqué and paper piecing to create the square in a square block that is the feature of this quilt.
The quilt is 18 1/2" Square.
Quilter: Quilts by Lisa
The inspiration for my quilt is a long row of skyscrapers. Not a photo, just a mental image. I find that if I work from a photo I tend to try to copy it, rather than interpret it, so I just had an image in my head and started sketching. Then I drew something more structured on graph paper and started grabbing fabrics and cutting and sewing.
Usually inspiration just hits me out of the blue. This project was a challenge since I don’t normally make myself contemplate a certain thing and look for inspiration. It was rewarding to come up with something, though. This is actually my second attempt. My first involved a photo of stained glass windows and the result was not something I was happy with.
Thanks for offering this challenge which encouraged me to try something different. I really enjoyed it!
Lisa from Kentucky
Quilter: Marcia’s Crafty Sewing and Quilting
“Quilts Built by Imagination”
The quilted table runner represents tall buildings with lots of windows. The place mat was made by cutting my leftover fabric scraps into squares of different sizes to represent the colorful buildings in Italy. The wavy lines are the roads in between the houses. Combining the elements in both photos, I used my imagination to create the quilts - "Quilts Built by Imagination". The quilts were created for Project Quilting. - Season Three - Challenge ONE kimscraftyapple.blogspot.com/
You can see the photos for my inspiration on Tuesday's post - Build With Your Imagination: marciascraftysewing.blogspot.com/2012/01/hodgepodge-patch... and the beginning of my quilted project. Saturday's post shares more of the work in progress. I called it Building Your Vivid Imagination. marciascraftysewing.blogspot.com/2012/01/work-in-progress...
More photos of the completed quilts on this post marciascraftysewing.blogspot.com/2012/01/quilts-built-by-...
Project Quilting - Season Three - Challenge ONE
Quilter: Stephie Stories
Finished size 15.5 by 16.5 inches
Quilter: Karen’s Crafty World
“Lighthouse in South Haven, MI”
My inspiration was the lighthouse and the black steel bars that run the course of the pier. I spent summers in South Haven and the lighthouse is in all of my memories. I wanted this to be a bit more 3D, with shading and such but needed to get the project in in time! My favorite part is the shading I did on the pier. I used a brown color pencil to do this bit. This piece measures 10 X 16 inches. I plan to give it to my dad as a gift :)
All of the materials came from my stash in Elgin,IL.
Did you miss the earlier closer looks?
Ready for the Home Sweet Home Quilt Along?
- Block 1 is UP!
- Block 2 will be posted tomorrow!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Happy Birthday Diane!
- Making Music – A Closer Look, Part 1
- Block 5: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Two Trees b...
- Making Music – Critique’s
- What’s Coming Up?
- Random PRIZES for Project QUILTING – Season 3, Cha...
- Saturday Summary
- What’s Your Style: Asian
- Block 4: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – My Tilted H...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – Marcia’s Crafty Sewing ...
- Block 3: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – House by th...
- Spoonflower – Stack of Pearls
- Project QUILTING, Season 3, Challenge 2 – Making M...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – Quilts by Barb
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look - Barn Bon...
- What’s Your Style: Art Nouveau
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 5
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 4
- Block 2: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Lapacek’s O...
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 3
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 2
- Block 1: ‘Home Sweet Home’ Quilt Along – My Home
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 1
- Project QUILTING – Season 3, Challenge 1 – Random ...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – The Fat Quarter Shop
- Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Pick Your Fabrics
- Modern Solids Quilt Along – FINISHED!
- Quilting in 2012
- A Monday Treasury
- Project QUILTING, Season 3, Challenge 1 – Architec...
- Record your Quilts! A Quilt Album Review
- What’s Your Style: Art Deco
- Outdated Technology – I need YOUR help!
- Project QUILTING – Season 3 – PRIZES!
- Spoonflower – Ice in Bloom
- Mystery Monday – Baffled in Belmont – Steps 18, 19...
- Typewriter Photos
- ▼ January (38)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...