Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope everyone had a nice day.
Capri was a bit under the weather today so we spent a special, “Mom and Capri” day – it was nice and it really doesn’t happen often. During her LONG (3 hours!) nap I managed to get my 2011 sales taxes filed for KCA AND make some really good headway on my Project QUILTING – Making Music challenge piece. Now I am happy to be giving you closer look into one of our fantastic sponsors:
What's your crafting style?
Free Style Quilting and Sewing
How did you get started creating?
My Mom was my inspiration as she's a very crafty person. We were always making something from sand candles to fake fur happy faces. Remember the crackled grapes? How about the loop loom pot holders? But my Mom didn't sew. I took a sewing class in 7th grade and I was hooked on sewing. My best friend and I made cute little smock tops. This was my first sewing project! I still have it and it hangs in my shop to remind me of where my love of sewing started.
I took Home Economics classes all through Junior High and High School. I loved it! I went to college at UW-Stevens Point and graduated with a teaching degree in Home Economics Education – now it is called Family and Consumer Education. Subbed for awhile after graduating, raised a family, had several different jobs, and then taught Family and Consumer Education at the Middle School level for several years. In 2002, we moved and it was time for another career change. I bought a Gammill regulated stitch quilting machine in 2003 and started my quilting business. I started it part time and in less than a year, I was quilting full time - 5 days week. It just snowballed, with one customer telling another customer. Word of mouth still seems to be the best advertising. I am so blessed to have a job I love!
Today, my favorite quilted project is Imaginary Blooms. Before I finished that quilt, my favorite was my First Morning Glory Bloom. It's not necessarily the final project that I like, but how I feel when I am creating the project. It's the story behind the projects, that make them special.
What's your favorite crafty blog to follow/read?
I follow and read several blogs, but I my favorite blog is:
Tonya shares beautiful projects and the stories of her life. She does “quilt a longs”,“learn a longs”, and recently is sharing her wonderful Hexagon Blocks.
Because I work alone, I love the connections I have made through blogging.
Favorite part of creating a quilt?
The construction of the quilt --- the piecing and the quilting --- Sometimes I don't want that to end! Love the process!
Least favorite part?
Love the whole process!
Sweet or Salty?
Both Sweet AND Salty -
blackberries, mandarin oranges, AND eggs with fried rice
Number 1 on your Bucket List?
To just keep doing, what I am doing ... creating, quilting, and sharing everyday.
Keep in touch with and/or an eye on Marcia!
Lunch Blog: http://lunchlookslikeaquilttome.blogspot.com/
Thanks Marcia for all your support with these challenges!
And NOW, that the kids are all in bed…I’m going to quilt my PQ Challenge piece!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Happy Birthday Diane!
- Making Music – A Closer Look, Part 1
- Block 5: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Two Trees b...
- Making Music – Critique’s
- What’s Coming Up?
- Random PRIZES for Project QUILTING – Season 3, Cha...
- Saturday Summary
- What’s Your Style: Asian
- Block 4: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – My Tilted H...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – Marcia’s Crafty Sewing ...
- Block 3: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – House by th...
- Spoonflower – Stack of Pearls
- Project QUILTING, Season 3, Challenge 2 – Making M...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – Quilts by Barb
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look - Barn Bon...
- What’s Your Style: Art Nouveau
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 5
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 4
- Block 2: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Lapacek’s O...
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 3
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 2
- Block 1: ‘Home Sweet Home’ Quilt Along – My Home
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 1
- Project QUILTING – Season 3, Challenge 1 – Random ...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – The Fat Quarter Shop
- Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Pick Your Fabrics
- Modern Solids Quilt Along – FINISHED!
- Quilting in 2012
- A Monday Treasury
- Project QUILTING, Season 3, Challenge 1 – Architec...
- Record your Quilts! A Quilt Album Review
- What’s Your Style: Art Deco
- Outdated Technology – I need YOUR help!
- Project QUILTING – Season 3 – PRIZES!
- Spoonflower – Ice in Bloom
- Mystery Monday – Baffled in Belmont – Steps 18, 19...
- Typewriter Photos
- ▼ January (38)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...