Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
I’m happy to be sharing with you some more information about one of our fabulous Project QUILTING sponsors this season - Barbara Raisbeck of Quilts by Barb.
But before I get too far into her interview I have to share that she just became a grandma again!
Now – let’s get to know a little bit more about Barb:
What is your crafting style?
I am a long arm quilter and my favorite part is selecting fabrics
and designing the quilt. I prefer scrappy quilts and I use a lot of my own hand dyed fabrics.
How did you get started creating?
I have always been creative and did a lot of sewing but I didn’t start quilting until after my Mom passed away. I had a quilt top she made for my son that needed quilted. I hired a machine quilter to finish it. After I completed that project, I thought I would try my hand at one for my daughter. I was hooked.
Do you have a favorite piece?
It is so traditional but still so unexpected in fabric combinations and design
What is your favorite crafty blog to follow/read?
I don’t really have time to spend a lot of time on blogs so I do a lot of skimming.
Which part of the creating process does you like the most?
Selecting the fabrics and color choices.
Which part of the creating process do you dislike the most?
Getting that perfect binding, especially the corners.
Favorite Adhesive: Elmer’s glue works wonders when used in quilting. Glue it where it supposed to be, press the seam, sew it shut and wash quilt when done.
Favorite Movie: Any good modern romantic comedy to laugh and relax with
Beverage of Choice: Muscato wine, especially the bubbly kind.
Sweet or Salty? A combination of the two together
Number 1 on your Bucket List: clean my quilting studio
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- Happy Birthday Diane!
- Making Music – A Closer Look, Part 1
- Block 5: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Two Trees b...
- Making Music – Critique’s
- What’s Coming Up?
- Random PRIZES for Project QUILTING – Season 3, Cha...
- Saturday Summary
- What’s Your Style: Asian
- Block 4: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – My Tilted H...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – Marcia’s Crafty Sewing ...
- Block 3: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – House by th...
- Spoonflower – Stack of Pearls
- Project QUILTING, Season 3, Challenge 2 – Making M...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – Quilts by Barb
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look - Barn Bon...
- What’s Your Style: Art Nouveau
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 5
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 4
- Block 2: Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Lapacek’s O...
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 3
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 2
- Block 1: ‘Home Sweet Home’ Quilt Along – My Home
- Architectural Elements – A Closer Look, Part 1
- Project QUILTING – Season 3, Challenge 1 – Random ...
- Project QUILTING Sponsor – The Fat Quarter Shop
- Home Sweet Home Quilt Along – Pick Your Fabrics
- Modern Solids Quilt Along – FINISHED!
- Quilting in 2012
- A Monday Treasury
- Project QUILTING, Season 3, Challenge 1 – Architec...
- Record your Quilts! A Quilt Album Review
- What’s Your Style: Art Deco
- Outdated Technology – I need YOUR help!
- Project QUILTING – Season 3 – PRIZES!
- Spoonflower – Ice in Bloom
- Mystery Monday – Baffled in Belmont – Steps 18, 19...
- Typewriter Photos
- ▼ January (38)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ► 2010 (276)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...