Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
Here’s her quilting story she’d like to share with you:
I've always been interested in creating. Up until about 20 years ago, I had not tried my hand at quilting. I have sewn clothing for me and my family my whole life, but when I discovered quilting, bye-bye garment making!
I have had a brick and mortar quilt store in the past, but decided, too much work! While owning the quilt store, though, I purchased a long arm quilting machine, and found a new love. So, bye-bye quilt store!
A couple of years ago, I decided I missed selling fabric. So, I opened up a couple of fabric selling venues, with my focus being on Fabric ala Carte on Etsy.
As for me as a quilter....I learned early on that I love making scrap quilts. I became so bored when making a quilt with just a few fabrics, so I slowly started learning that a block with many different fabrics is more fun to make, and more interesting to look at. In my mind, the term "scrappy" doesn't mean actual scraps from left over clothing, as it did in bygone days. To me "scrappy" means MANY different fabrics used in a block and quilt. Some of my quilts are "planned scrappy" designs, and some are totally not planned or thought out, like my string and crumb quilts. Being a scrappy quilter means that I can have a big stash of many prints and colors, and get to use them all!
I also am not a "perfect points" quilter. I gave myself permission early on to be happy with whatever way the block comes out. I don't remember ever unsewing a seam because it wasn't perfect. I love quilts with character...quilts that you can tell a human made it! I think many of my ideas about quilting are based on primitive styles, and the pioneer thinking of "Use it up!". Don't get me wrong...I marvel at gorgeous perfect quilts, and totally appreciate them. But if I held myself to that level, I wouldn't be making quilts!
***(I have this and it is BEYOND amazing!)***
FabricAlaCarte has been (and will continue to be) a fantastic sponsor for Project QUILTING. I can’t thank her enough for her support and generosity through this new project I’ve taken on. Without sponsors like her, this wouldn’t be quite as much fun!
To read this weeks challenge: http://kimscraftyapple.blogspot.com/2010/06/season-1-challenge-3-recycled-quilt.html
I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- ► 2011 (225)
- BIG ETTEAM GIVEAWAY! - NiftyKnits' Alchemy Meerkat...
- I’m a WINNER!
- Quilt of the Month Club – Fabrics N Quilts
- Log Cabin Entries – Time to Vote – Project QUILTIN...
- Project QUILTING – RECYCLE Challenge from PamelasQ...
- My Project QUILTING RECYCLE Challenge – How It Hap...
- An Interview with Tisha Sandberg – Instructor of t...
- Themed Thursday - Sunglasses
- Project QUILTING – Season ONE Random Drawing Prize...
- Summer Solstice
- Season 1, Challenge 4 - Log Cabin
- Top Ten Reasons to Try Project QUILTING
- Project QUILTING – the Judges have Spoken for the ...
- Project QUILTING – Random Generator Winner
- Project QUILTING – the Winners of the RECYCLE Chal...
- A Road Trip Through ‘Shop Local
- Themed Thursday – All About Dad
- Time to VOTE for the RECYCLE! Project QUILTING Cha...
- Belated Project Quilting Entry
- Meet our Guest Judge – Kris from fabricalacarte an...
- Season 1, Challenge 3 - The Recycled Quilt
- Project Quilting – Road Trip Journal
- More WINNERS!
- Project QUILTING Road Trip Challenge - WINNERS
- Themed Thursday - Barns
- Take a Beautiful Handmade Patchwork Duffle on a Ro...
- ▼ June (27)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...