Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
After days of anticipation I am ready to announce the winners of the Project QUILTING Shoofly Challenge! But before I do I just want to thank everyone who participated, commented, followed along and enjoyed the first week of the challenge. I know that I personally had a fabulous time and was always anxiously awaiting more comments and votes.
Karolsvintageart with her Garden Pop Wonky Shoo-Fly Block Flowers Quilt! Congratulations Karol! You will receive a fat quarter of hand-dyed fabric from Diane and me!
Next, I’m going to do the winner of the comment-ers.
Using www.random.org I generated a number to decide which comment wins…
DownHome Designs! Congratulations! You will be receiving Diane’s original Starry Nines Pattern!
And now onto the winners of the Judges votes…
I am only going to post the top three and since we had a tie for second I will post both second places and the first place.
Our tie for second was between:
QUILTIES with an average score of 8 from the judges.
The judges loved the ‘great design and use of color. Good use of the geometric fabric – they are sometimes difficult to use but this really works. Nice job on the quilting.” and “Great use of the smaller blocks inside the larger block. The variety of quilting is nice with the block.”
Our other second place winner was:
KarolsVintageArt! She also received a score of 8 from the judges. Some of the comments they had for KarolsVintageart were:
“Love the Wonky Effect” and “I love the “wonky” idea, a lot of thought was put into the arrangement of the blocks.”
And the WINNER of the judges vote (who will also receive one of Diane and mine’s hand-dyed fat quarters) is:
LOVEBUGSTUDIOS! who won with a score of 8.25!
Here’s what the Judges thought:
Judge 1: Love the way you used your stripe as sashing to make your design a little less symmetrical and add interest. Great use of the button embellishments.
Judge 2: I love the combo of fabrics and use of the focus block. The squiggly strip and buttons make it very unique.
Congratulations again to all the winners and thanks again to everyone that participated. Everyone that participated in the challenge was sent their score and critique – this will continue with every challenge. Unlike the real Project Runway no one will ever be kicked off. I hope to see all these competitors back in Challenge #2 along with many more!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- ► 2011 (225)
- Meet Kimberly Our Guest Judge from this Weeks Spon...
- Project Quilting Apple Blossom Time Challenge
- Happy Sunday
- Project QUILTING Shoofly Challenge Winners
- My Project Quilting Shoofly Critique
- Themed Thursday – Spring Planting
- Spring Fling Craftacular
- Project Quilting – A Good Attempt at Shoofly
- It’s Time to VOTE for your Favorite – Project QUIL...
- International Quilt Festival – Chicago
- Project M Boutique
- Wordless Wednesday
- Turquoise Tuesday and some Other Ramblings…
- Monday Monday – theApple Makes Front Page!
- Project Quilting - Shoofly questions answered
- Project Quilting - Shoofly
- Project Quilting – Meet Another Judge – Rose Mary ...
- Themed Thursday – Birthday Shopping
- Project QUILTING – the Challenge Creator, Diane La...
- Project QUILTING
- Themed Thursday – Easter of COURSE!
- ▼ April (21)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...