Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
A suggestion was made on the Project Quilting Facebook page to make these challenges into ‘seasons’. After pondering this thought, my mother-in-law and I both agreed that this would be a good idea.
Everything will pretty much continue as they are EXCEPT that the ‘x’ out of 10 points you earn each week will be kept track of until the end of the season – prizes will still be awarded to the public and judge winners. At the end – I will add up the points and a GRAND PRIZE for the winning quilter. I haven’t figured out what the GRAND PRIZE will be yet but I’m pretty sure it will be amazing!
The first season will consist of 8 challenges with one 'bi-week'*** (you’ll be able to earn a MAX of 70 points). We’re going to start the first season NEXT week! Here’s a list of the Days:
May 9th, May 23rd, June 6th, June 20th, July 4th, July 18th, August 8th and August 22nd.
Diane will be sure to come up with a wide variety of projects so even if one thing isn’t your specialty the others might be. This we also hopefully encourage everyone to participate in each challenge. Even if you don’t have much time – if you make something small you will still earn points. Now, you still can participate in whatever challenges you choose, but it will lessen your chance at the GRAND PRIZE!
I would love to hear any questions you may have about this little ‘change’ in project quilting. I’m sure there’s things we haven’t come up with or could use some clarifying.
Check back tomorrow to see the entries for the second Project QUILTING Apple Blossom Challenges – trust me - you’ll want to – they’re all pretty amazing!
***Looking back at this and realizing that this will occur during the summer we are going to give everyone ONE 'bi' week - if you are on vacation, swamped with life, whatever you will still not loose out. At the end of the 8 weeks of challenges we will drop everyone's LOWEST score - if that's a zero - it's gone, a six - it's gone. This gives you a little leeway to still have a life (hopefully).
I would like to note that the second season will tentatively start in January 2011. We wanted to give everyone a little 'off' time during the busy holiday season. Between September and December we will still post challenges but they may be shorter, they may be longer, we're not sure yet - but we'll keep you on your toes!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- ► 2011 (225)
- Time to VOTE for Project QUILTING Road Trip Challe...
- Blogger Quilt Festival
- Introducing Project QUILTING’s Third Judge – Barb ...
- Themed Thursday – Out of TIME!
- Meet this Weeks Guest Judge – Shannon from Fabrics...
- Introducing ONE of our New Judges…Pam Geisel aka F...
- Season 1, Challenge 2
- Let’s Go Fly A Kite – My Rectangle Challenge Creat...
- Thank You
- Project Quilting – the Judges Winners for the Rect...
- Project QUILTING – RECTANGLE Winners!
- Themed Thursday – A Ride (or 3) on the Carousel
- Photo Shoot
- Barn Quilts
- Time to VOTE for Project QUILTING RECTANGLE Challe...
- More from our Sponsors for the Project QUILTING Gr...
- Themed Thursday – Let’s Go Fly A Kite
- Bling vs. Nature on Etsy’s Front Page!
- Meet this Week’s Project QUILTING Guest Judge – Ky...
- Project QUILTING – A NEW Prize this week!
- Season 1, Challenge 1
- Project Quilting - How I Judge
- Project QUILTING – Season ONE – Sponsors and PRIZE...
- Project QUILTING Apple Blossom Challenge WINNERS!
- Behind the Scenes of Project QUILTING
- THEMED THURSDAY – The Lion King
- It’s Time to VOTE for your FAVORITE – Project QUIL...
- Project Quilting – Season One
- Apple Blossom Days!
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...