Home Sweet Home Quilt Along
- Block 1 - My Home
- Block 2 - Lapacek's Orchard
- Block 3 - House by the Bay
- Block 4 - My Tilted House
- Block 5 - Two Trees
- Block 6 - Tree of Life
- Block 7 - Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8 - A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9 - Scrappy Trees
- Block 10 - A Home for the Birds
- Block 11 - The Happy Tree
- Block 12 - the little house
- Block 13 - Three Trees
- Block 14 - Under the Apple Tree
- Block 15 - A Home for Hoot
- Block 16 - Branch Sweet Branch
- BONUS - accuquilt home
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
- BONUS - Marcia's Crazee Patch House
- BONUS Block - Rippling Pond
- Flickr Group - Post your blocks here!
- BONUS - Acid Cottage
My Fabric is For Sale!
My Flickr Stream!
My Blog List
Kim's Crafty Apple has MOVED to www.PersimonDreams.com
I’m re-branding myself from Kim’s Crafty Apple into ‘Persimon Dreams.’
You can now find me at:
(and my jewelry is still at www.theapple.etsy.com)
One of this weeks prize sponsors, Shannon, of Fabrics ‘N’ Quilts, has agreed to be a guest judge for this weeks challenge!
Here’s a little info about herself she would like to share:
I started quilting in 2003, inspired & encouraged by my (then) boss. She was an excellent appliqué quilter and really encouraged me. When life took me in a new direction in 2005, she sent me on my way with 2 quilting reference books, a new rotary cutter, and a quilting tote bag; all things necessary for keeping me on task. By this point, though, I was already hooked!
I remember my grandmother doing all her quilting by hand, and this is how I started. Using books, the internet, and a lot of determination, I taught myself to quilt. About half way into my second project, my mom offered the sewing machine I learned to sew on as a child. That old Singer still sewed like a charm. Soon I was turning out tops and repurposed rag quilts like no one's business.
Though we have been carrying quilt shop fabrics in our antique store for years, on January 1st of this year, we made the leap to a full time quilt shop. I love the ability to focus all my efforts on my passion and share what I have learned with others. I travel to 6-8 guild quilt shows a year, mainly in Tennessee and Kentucky, sharing stories, doing demonstrations and showing my latest quilts.
My main focus is piecing and I gravitate toward scrappy quilts. I have renewed my love for hand piecing this spring and am coordinating a hand pieced & hand quilted group project for our county & state fair. To keep myself challenged by the art of quilting, I only do projects now that incorporate a skill, gadget, or process that I have never tried. This keeps me challenged & motivated.
(I just signed up for this and am super excited!)
Thanks Shannon for agreeing to do this AND for your support of Project QUILTING! The more feedback we, as quilters receive the better our creations can become!
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
- ► 2011 (225)
- Time to VOTE for Project QUILTING Road Trip Challe...
- Blogger Quilt Festival
- Introducing Project QUILTING’s Third Judge – Barb ...
- Themed Thursday – Out of TIME!
- Meet this Weeks Guest Judge – Shannon from Fabrics...
- Introducing ONE of our New Judges…Pam Geisel aka F...
- Season 1, Challenge 2
- Let’s Go Fly A Kite – My Rectangle Challenge Creat...
- Thank You
- Project Quilting – the Judges Winners for the Rect...
- Project QUILTING – RECTANGLE Winners!
- Themed Thursday – A Ride (or 3) on the Carousel
- Photo Shoot
- Barn Quilts
- Time to VOTE for Project QUILTING RECTANGLE Challe...
- More from our Sponsors for the Project QUILTING Gr...
- Themed Thursday – Let’s Go Fly A Kite
- Bling vs. Nature on Etsy’s Front Page!
- Meet this Week’s Project QUILTING Guest Judge – Ky...
- Project QUILTING – A NEW Prize this week!
- Season 1, Challenge 1
- Project Quilting - How I Judge
- Project QUILTING – Season ONE – Sponsors and PRIZE...
- Project QUILTING Apple Blossom Challenge WINNERS!
- Behind the Scenes of Project QUILTING
- THEMED THURSDAY – The Lion King
- It’s Time to VOTE for your FAVORITE – Project QUIL...
- Project Quilting – Season One
- Apple Blossom Days!
- ▼ May (29)
- ► 2009 (302)
In a previous post I talked about creating a barn quilt to hang at my orchard. Well, the process has begun and I plan to keep you all ‘in...
Everyone super excited to see what Block 3 for the quilt along is going to be. Before we get there I want to introduce you to today’s desig...
I started this quilt way back in February of 2011 when a friend of mine on etsy sent me the link for Amy Butler’s Bloom Pattern . As soon...
I have to apologize for how long it has taken me to get this blog post up. I had it mostly written and then of course, didn’t save it so I ...
I just saw a feature that LiveYourStyle Blog did on ME! I am so touched and honored to see someone that appreciates my work. Thank you so mu...